The base metal of our high performance Combo-Lids™ is Kovar™ or Alloy 42, which is plated with nickel and gold flash, and tack-welded to a solder perform, usually AuSn eutectic. The nickel layer inhibits corrosion, while the precious metal (gold) layer promotes solderability and ensures a clean particulate-free surface. Tack-welding the solder preform to the lid conveniently aligns the solder to the perimeter of the lid, simplifying handling and reducing part count.
Our one-stop station tack-welds Gold-Tin, Lead and Lead-free solder preforms onto metalized ceramic lids. Our metallization capability creates an effective seal ring that allows excellent soldering. Gold-Tin alloys provide superior hermetic sealing and edge melting provides fillet formation. Other non-precious and lead-free soldering is available as well as tack-welding service for soldering preforms onto ceramic lids.
Making advanced materials that improve the world.
- Length & width dimension tolerance +/-.003″
- Thickness dimension tolerance is +/-.001″
- <.001″ for lids <.500″
- .002 for lids >.500″
- Burrs <.001″
- Length & width dimension tolerance +/-.003”
- Thickness dimension tolerance +/-.0003”
- Ceramic (Alumina) in various ranges of Al2O3
- Brown, White and Ivory
- Square, Rectangle and Flat
Lid Seal Ring
- Generally nickel layer followed by gold layer
- Available with or without metallization
Our revolutionary new die attach adhesive enables low cost, high volume die attach onto a variety of surfaces. It can be applied onto the backside of a wafer and is especially well-suited for photonic devices.